Thursday, November 20, 2008

Just Cruising...

Calogero and I just got home from a much needed 7 day cruise to the Mexican Riviera. I LOVED it! If you have not been on a cruise I so totally suggest you get going my friends they are so chill and also tons of fun. I ate around the clock, worked on my killer tan, saw some great shows, and tons of other fun stuff I can't wait to tell you about. Calogero and I haven't been on a vacation with just the two of us forever so it was nice to hang out with just us. (We usually vacation with our fav friends Shane and Ashlee and we will for sure cruise with them next time. We love you two and missed ya!) So back to my trip. The ship we were on was really pretty and huge there were 2,500 passengers and 1,200 crew members on our cruise and I never felt crowded. This is a picture of midship. For the first two days we laid around, went swimming, got a tan, and a couples massage (I LOVE Massages!) such a good way to start out your vacation. Our ports were Puerto Vallarts, Mazatlan, and Cabo San Lucas. We went horse back riding in Puerto Vallarta and I swam bareback on a horse through a river it was so fun. That is me in the water with my horse, the water was crazy deep I can't believe horses swim so well. My horse Lucero (Brooke I didn't know you had family in Puerto Vallarta hehehe sorry I couldn't resist) loved the shade he would take us all over just to be under a tree for 3 seconds. Calogero's horse loved to run him into fences and nip at him, sorry you had a bum horse babe. In Mazatlan we just went shopping and to the beach it was so windy. Mazatlan is not someplace I would like to go back to. If I ever cruised there again I probably wouldn't leave the port. Next we went to Cabo I really liked it. It was so pretty and clean I will for sure be going back to Cabo. I swam with Dolphins in Cabo! I had such a fun time with Roschio (my dolphins name) I got to swim with him for about an hour petting him, doing tricks, getting kisses, and I got to hold onto his dorsel fin and take a ride around the tank! So fun. If you have the opportunity to swim with dolphins take it I had a perma grin on my face all day! I don't have any pics for the blog of my swim they wouldn't allow us to take any pictures we had to buy them for $25 a piece so I got one but it's not digital sorry. We had a great time and got in some much needed relaxation, but it is always nice to come home. And thankfully it hasn't been terribly cold here. Thanks for reading my lengthy post. I'm going to leave you with a sunset from each port. They were so beautiful. Much Love!

5 comments:

Troy, Erin and baby Boston said...

SO FUN!!! I'm super jealous! I've only been on one cruise, and I'm dying to go on another. I can't believe that picture of you in the water with the horse! Cool :)

Jennie B. said...

OH my heaven! Looks like you had a bawl and I love your horsie Lucero! I can definately see the family resemblance. Ha. JK. So, I'm super jealous and I can't wait to see your tan. Wait... I need to call you back!

Matt and Carly Van Dyke said...

Looks like you two had a blast! I am so jealous! I have always wanted to swim with dolphins and ride on the beach on horse!! Lucky girl!! That is so funny that your horses name is Lucero! :)

The Baldwin's said...

Sounds like you two had a blast! I'm so glad you went to Mexico too, I love it there! I can't wait to see your hot tan in like one week! Wahoo!! Brooke's kinda from Spain-so it really probably is her family member-haha!! Awesome sunset pics too!

Heather and Kyle said...

Amazing! I'm glad you got to get away! Love ya!