Tuesday, September 16, 2008

CALIFORNIA

Two posts in one day it must be a slow day at work. This weekend my friend Krystal and I went to California for work and play. We had to go there for a weekend training for the mentoring program we are starting for utah foster children. (A little background info: we have been involved with a summer camp Royal Family Kids Camp for foster children for about 10 years and this mentoring program is an extention of the camp we have been selected to be the directors of this program and are so excited to get it up and going) Since we share the same birthday we decided to also turn this into a celebration weekend for us filled with shopping at one of our favorite malls South Coast Plaza, dinner at Claim Jumper and a trip to the beach. It was a really nice getaway. In between our classes we snuck in some fun. At claim jumper I told Krystal we totally tried to eat like men we went all out and left barely able to freakin walk! This picture does not do it justice but that biscuit was HUGE and delicious. On our last night we headed over to Newport Beach and hung out by the water for awhile and then ate at Ruby's on the end of the peir. We sat on the top of restaurant and watched people fish off of the peir it was fun! Thanks for the fun weekend Krissy I always have so much fun with you. You made laugh non-stop and let me talk non-stop and I loved it thanks. I am so excited to start this program with you it is going to be a lot of hard work but so worth it! Love Ya!

1 comment:

Matt and Paige Cahoon said...

Liz!!!
I am so excited to find yet another friend from the past!! I just hope you all remember me! I have seen pictures of you on other peoples blogs and I am super glad to find yours!! You look so good and seem super happy!! Yay for you!! It is good to see how well everyone is doing!!