Thursday, September 4, 2008

Labor Day Weekend!

I love long weekends I look forward to them so very much! So we didn't have a lot planned this weekend just watching the first Utes game of the season with some friends (Shane and Ashlee of course) and maybe do some fly fishing and camping. Well we did it all! We met Calogero's parents up in Midway on Sunday and went fishing on the Provo and then set up camp. (Bad idea there was a HUGE storm!) It started raining at about 6:30 p.m. Sunday and didn't stop untill about 9:00a.m. Monday Morning and even then it only stopped long enough for us to break down camp and then the down pour started all over again. Here is a picture of Calogero cooking our dinner under the trailer because it was raining so hard. I was laughing so hard when I went out to help him.
I experienced fly fishing for the first time and loved it! Calogero has been fly fishing for years and I usually just hang out and watch, but I am more of a do-er than a watcher so I gave it a try and it rocks. Once my feet and legs went numb in the river I was good to go. I had a ton of fun babe thanks for teaching me I can't wait to go out again. I love this picture of Calogero casting I think it looks so cool. So as we were driving home I took these pictures of it snowing in September I was not pleased to say the least. Sorry for the bad quality we were driving. You can totally tell this is my first time posting pictures they are all over the freakin place sorry folks I will get better with time. Sorry for the lengthy post just think of it as making up for the lack of posting. Well that's about it for Labor Day Weekend for me hope you all had a nice break!

3 comments:

The Baldwin's said...

Liz you crack me up, I laughed your whole blog :) Can't wait to read more posts and are you kidding me? Snow in September? WE need to move to like the Caribbean or something-Utah Sucks!! :)

The Brandt Family said...

I love the Ricotta's. I am bummed we didn't join you for some of that sweet fishin you guys did-but I am sure hoping I might get lucky and get to see you this weekend. Rodeo. Ropin'. Tamra. Short fat funny kids. Need I say more? Please tell me you guys will be there.
Love-lots of love for you.
Brooke

Matt and Carly Van Dyke said...

Liz! You are so funny! Looks like you guys had a fun weekend! All I did was clean!